This is my personal list of photography resources. I have made no attempt to to create a comprehensive list of everything on the net. The sites listed here are those that I have found useful for my own work.
General Discussion forums
- photo.net – one of the oldest photography forums on the net.
- fredmiranda.com – the site sells a number of plugins for photoshop (which I’ve never used) but also has a few good discussion forums.
- Digital Photography Review – probably the most active photo forum on the net.
- NatureScapes.net – primarily nature photography but has some good information on digital and business issues.
- Nature Photographers – same as NatureScapes.
- Large Format Photography – even if you don’t shoot large format, there’s a lot of useful information here.
- PhotoCamel.com – a very friendly and collegial forum.
- Nikonians – a Nikon user community.
- Nikon Cafe – another Nikon user community.
- www.bythom.com – Thom Hogan is the author of a number of Nikon guide books and he has some useful reviews of Nikon gear online.
- www.naturfotograf.com – Bjorn Rorslett provides detailed reviews of Nikon cameras and lenses.
- NikonLinks.com – a massive collection of links, mostly reviews, of all things Nikon.
- strobist.com – a lighting blog with many examples using small portable strobes
- StudioLighting.net – they have some interesting podcasts on lighting
Business of Photography
- Dan Heller’s Photography Business Resources
- Photo District News – has a good forum on business issues
- Editorial Photo
- Photo News Network – a set of discussion forums for professional photographers
- StockPhotographer.info – news relevant to the stock photography industry
- Stock Photo Talk – a blog on stock photography
- StockPhoto.net – maintains an agency database as well as a discussion group
- Alamy Pro Group – a discussion group for photographers that have images with Alamy
- Alamy Contributors Group – an open forum for Alamy contributers with no membership restrictions
- Selling Stock Photography – a forum about selling stock photography (Rights Managed, Royalty Free, and micro stock)